The learning and teaching ebook
You may wish to view the learning and teaching resources as an ebook to save and read on your mobile device. First, make sure that you have some ‘reader’ software installed, such as Adobe Digital Editions. There are other options available if you prefer, depending on your mobile device. Then, select the appropriate link for your device below to download and read the learning and teaching ebook.
Learning and teaching resources
The resources featured here offer a rich mix of practical information and advice to assist those teaching in UK Higher Education. Please click on the links below to access more detailed information about specific areas of learning and teaching. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, try using the search function at the top right-hand side of the page.
- Assessing oral presentations.
- Assessing projects and dissertations .
- Assessing using multiple-choice questions.
- Computer based assessment.
- Peer assessment.
- Developing reflective practice.
- Written examinations.
- Aims and learning outcomes.
- Benchmark statements.
- Group work.
- Induction of students to UKHE.
- Levels and level descriptors.
- Particular learning needs.
- Personal tutorials.
- Practical or laboratory classes.
- Problem classes.
- Seminars and academic tutorials.
- Teaching in the English language.
- Using technology in lectures.
Visit ‘Your Subject’ for general teaching resources and specific information about your subject area.
To get information from existing international members of staff, click the play button on the video screen to watch a short clip.