This list is intended to help you plan your time when you arrive in the UK and identifies the main things you need to consider. Please visit the A – Z of essential information to get detailed advice.
- Get a National Insurance Number.
- Open a bank account with a UK bank.
- Register with a doctor.
- Register with a dentist.
- Find more permanent accommodation if necessary.
- Public transport.
- Arrange contents insurance for personal possessions.
- Find local supermarkets and shops.
- Driving in the UK.
- Finding your way around campus.
- Register with the police if it is a requirement of your visa.
- Look at the staff benefits.
- Confirm you have the correct visa to work in the UK.
To get information from existing international members of staff, click the play button twice on the video screen to the right to instantly watch a short clip.