www.internationalstaff.ac.uk was launched in November 2007 as an outcome of a National Teaching Fellowship awarded to Christopher Butcher of the Staff and Departmental Development Unit at the University of Leeds, in 2005. The site was designed and developed by Project Officer Heather Timm.
We would like to thank the following people for their contributions to the site.
- Dr Kate Exley who provided the majority of the content for the ‘Learning and Teaching in the UK’ section of the site.
- Jane O’Neill and Melissa Highton for providing the technology and e-learning sections within the Learning and Teaching in the UK area of the site.
- Christopher Butcher for editing the ‘Learning and Teaching in the UK’ area of the site.
- Clive Colling for producing the content for the ‘Education in the UK’ section of the site.
- Dr Christiana Gregoriou, Dr Hendrik Kraetzschmar, Pedro Abrantes, Ruru Li, Dr Dragos Ciobanu, Dr Tomasz Liskiewicz and Phani Kumar Chintakayala who agreed to share their experiences on camera.
- The initial 20 international members of staff who were interviewed at the University of Leeds who shared their personal views of living in the UK and gave a valuable insight into how and where improvements could be made.
- Dr Mary Deane, Senior Lecturer in Academic Writing at Coventry University for her contribution to the academic writing section.
- Dr Steven Sourbron, Lecturer, Medical Physics for his case study on funding in UK higher education.
- Professor Michael Manogue and Professor Stuart Taberner for their insights into the publishing process in UK higher education.
We would also like to thank the following people who built and supported the creation of the site and content management system.
- Dr Tony Lowe, for building the website and content management system for this site.
- Jane O’Neill, Senior Staff Development Officer, for guidance and support throughout the project.
- Rach Colling, Rob Colling and Kerrie Slavin, freelance proofreaders and editors.
- Ann Barrass and Abigail Rowson, for their contributions as Project Officers in 2011.
The project would also like to specifically thank the following people for their valuable contributions to this project.
- Jude Carroll – Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development, Oxford Brookes University.
- Derek Cox – Staff Development Centre, University of Leicester.
- Prof Garth Dales – School of Mathematics, University of Leeds.
- Don Dunmore – The Language Centre, University of Leeds.
- Seija Freers – Chaplaincy, University of Leeds.
- Elizabeth Grant – Staff Development Centre, University of Leicester.
- Richard Gorvett – British Council.
- Claire Jeffries – British Council.
- Tony Luxon – Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching, Lancaster University.
- Shiona Morgan – Home Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Prof Jurgen Neuberg – School of Earth & Environment, University of Leeds.
- Richard Payne – BPS Training.
- Moira Peelo – Centre for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching, Lancaster University.
- Margaret Taylor – School of Education, University of Leeds.
- Jane Wellens – Staff Development Centre, University of Leicester.
Lastly, many thanks to all the members of staff at the University of Leeds who took part in the International Staff Support survey in April 2007.